(For when you need pie now)
Step #1: Crust
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1/3 cup cold water
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl.
2. With a pastry blender, cut cold butter into dry ingredients until combined. Will resemble small peas when complete.
3. Slowly add in water and vinegar, mixing until large clumps of dough form.
4. With hands, form dough into two equal-sized balls and cover in bowl. Put in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
Step #2: Blueberry Filling
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cornstarch, sugar, water, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
2. Add blueberries and continue cooking until filling has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Step #3: Make the Pie
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove chilled dough from the fridge. Roll out one dough ball to fit a 9 in pie dish. Roll on a floured surface, rolling from the center outward.
3. Put first pie crust into pie dish. The dough should be about 1 inch larger than the dish. Add in prepared blueberry filling and put back in the fridge.
4. Roll out second dough ball to approximately the same size as first dough ball. Bring pie out of the fridge and place second layer of rolled dough on top. Crimp edges by hand or with a fork.
5. Bake pie in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes. The crust will turn golden and the juices will begin to bubble!
6. Let cool for 2-3 hours before serving.